Our morning is incomplete if we don’t get that perfect cup of tea. Usually there is a craving for some beverage in the morning and it happens in almost all the cultures in the whole world. Drinking tea in the morning is a common thing and it gets indulged in our daily routine. But health conscious people have started looking for salubrious options.
Green tea is considered as the healthiest beverage on this earth. It is packed with antioxidants and also offers several health benefits. Green tea is prepared from the leaves of a plant Camellia sinensis. This plant usually grows in the tropical and sub-tropical area and offers the several health benefits. Various polyphenols like flavonoids, catechins are present in the leaves of this plant. These substances decrease the formation of free radicals thus protect the cellular damage in the body.
Green tea offers the several health benefits which are listed below:-
- Cancer – Consumption of green tea reduces the risk of cancers. It has also been found green tea shows positive effects on various type of cancers like breast, ovarian, bladder, colorectal, esophageal, lung, prostate, stomach and skin cancer.
- Heart Disease – Green tea also has cardioprotective properties and thus supports the good heart health.
- Lower Cholesterol – It has been found that green tea helps to lower the LDL or bad cholesterol in our body.
- Stroke – Drinking green tea on a regular basis helps to reduce the risk of stroke.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Green tea also helps to lower down the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin Diseases – It has been studied that consumption of green tea is also useful in treatment of skin diseases like psoriasis and dandruff.
- Memory – Green tea also helps to enhance the brain’s cognitive functions.
How to Make Green Tea?
- Green tea leaves : 10 – 12 grams
- Basil (Tulsi) leaves : (3-4)
- Lemon juice
- Heat the four cups of water in a pan. Then add the green tea and tulsi leaves in it.
- Boil it until the green tea leaves settle down in bottom.
- Strain the green tea water in a mug.
- Add the honey and lemon in it.
- Green tea is ready.
- Serve it immediately.
Make it sure green tea should not remain in water for too long, otherwise tea will become bitter.